$16 per hour
Hours per week
100 W Broadway Suite 120
The Placemaking Intern is responsible for providing support to the Placemaking Manager with a variety of tasks related to professional planning, design and management of public spaces. The position requires strong organizational skills, excellent time management and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. The minimum time commitment is 16 hours per week for at least a three month time period. Days and times are flexible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and design for various urban interventions, public activation strategies and capital improvement initiatives throughout Downtown Long Beach.
- Review, research, develop and monitor streetscape and open space initiatives.
- Correspond with clients, vendors, city employees, and stakeholders.
- Survey streetscape elements in the Downtown area through mapping, photography, etc.
- Preparation of project presentations using PowerPoint or other software
- Research best practices, precedent projects and grant opportunities related to the activation of public spaces.
- Maintain and update The Loop at Pine + Ocean website and social media platforms.
- Assist with events and programming at The Loop at Pine + Ocean.
- Assist with initiatives undertaken by DLBA's Public Realm Committee.
- Develop database for streetscape improvements, open spaces and programming in Downtown.
- Graphic Design experience (Adobe Suite)
- Familiarity with Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Wordpress/Squarespace
- Outgoing and friendly disposition
- Organizational skills are essential and an eye for detail is a must
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues with frequent deadlines
- Knowledge of Downtown Long Beach a plus
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects that will activate the Downtown.
- Opportunity to work with within a dynamic and community oriented organization.
- Opportunity to make a lasting impact on Downtown Long Beach.
How To Apply
To apply please prepare a cover letter (one page maximum) describing why you are the right candidate for this internship with specific examples. Include current resume (one page maximum) and at least two references.
Email the above to Sean Warner, DLBA Placemaking Manager, at email@example.com