Hours per week
15 - 20 hours per week
3000 Biscayne Blvd
Law For Black Lives is a Black femme-led national network of over 3,500 radical lawyers committed to building a responsive legal infrastructure for movement organizations and cultivating a community of legal advocates trained in movement lawyering. Law For Black Lives staff is a team of strong Black and Latinx femmes who are deeply committed to supporting the leadership of directly impacted communities and transforming the legal field to represent the values of movement lawyering, which are centered in building community power and democratizing the law.
Interns will join us in our office in Miami or remotely and work on strategic communications, political education and policy advocacy. Interns will provide support for communications, events and programs. There will be a strong emphasis on assisting with drafting copy for online platforms, creating web graphics, promoting events and tracking online engagements.
- Assist with drafting copy for online blogs, event invites, volunteer profiles, membership newsletter and membership portal, etc.
- Assist with tracking online engagements via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and email.
- Support outreach and member engagement events across the country – including event planning and logistical support pre and post event.
- Assist in membership and donor data management
- Manage volunteer prospect list; maintain online volunteer recruitment postings.
- Assist in volunteer and data management, writing and deploying volunteer communications, providing volunteers with various resources and information as needed as well as other volunteer program management functions.
- Create analyses and visualizations to support strategic and operational decision making across advocacy, constituent engagement, and fundraising
- Works with team to support member benefits campaign development, execution, tracking and optimization in digital communications and online and offline marketing channels, as needed.
- Drive the strategy & optimization of the membership email confirmation experience to successfully educate and engage new members.
- Assist with the creative development and execution of various campaigns and tactics aimed at increasing awareness and engagement with member benefits.
- Create analyses and visualizations to support strategic and operational decision making across
- advocacy, constituent engagement, and fundraising
- Upperclassmen in Undergrad, MBA Student and/or Law Student or similar experience
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Ability to critically review and prioritize online business needs with the end-user web experience.
- Experience in and/or a demonstrated commitment to social justice organizing and social movements
- Familiarity with issues of racial justice, gender justice, civil and human rights
- Excellent communications skills; verbal and writing.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under strict deadlines is required.
- Ability to use discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Haitian Creole is appreciated, but not required
Summer Internship: 10-12 weeks
Hours are flexible
How To Apply
Please send your resume/CV, a writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline is May 23rd, 2018