Hours per week
24+ Hours Per Week, 3+ Months
1717 Clemens Rd
We Vote has an open position for an unpaid intern who wants to develop their skills with CSS/HTML, ReactJS, or React Native and add work experience to their resume. We are working on increasing national voter turnout (nonpartisan). This internship is a great opportunity to get involved with supporting American Democracy.
About We Vote.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup. We Vote is a movement of excellent, passionate volunteers (starting with the founders) who build mobile technologies that touch and mobilize millions of voters on Election Day. We believe that many voters are busy, distracted, and impatient. We have a goal of providing a voting experience that lasts no longer than 8 minutes including the download of our app. More information is at http://www.wevote.us. See Twitter @WeVote.
What You’ll Do.
- Work with our current engineering and design team either face-to-face (Oakland, CA) or in Google Hangouts. You will learn from other technology professionals, and contribute to an ongoing, cutting-edge project.
- Tackle specific issues, for example: https://github.com/wevote/WebApp/issues
- We have a specific need for someone who wants develop intermediate/advanced CSS skills. We have a large website with an excellent scss framework, and we have styling projects for the right engineer.
- This is for a minimum 3-month commitment, 24+ hours per week.
- You must be able to install our software locally on your own laptop. We can help you get started if you meet us at Code for San Francisco any Wednesday night.
https://github.com/wevote/WebApp - React-based Mobile Website
- A willingness to work with and support our volunteers.
Please share with us why you find We Vote exciting by emailing JoinUs@WeVote.US. Please include information about yourself and let us know what questions you have. If it makes sense, we’ll set up a phone call. Remote applicants welcome within 3 time zones of Pacific Time. Our apologies in advance if we aren’t able to personally respond to everyone who applies.
Thank you for your interest,
The We Vote Team
What you’ll gain.
- You’ll gain valuable technical skills and experience that you can add to your resume.
- There are opportunities for leadership development, and you will expand your personal and professional network.
- A letter of recommendation will be provided to help with your job search.
- You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention.
How To Apply
Please share with us your resume (PDF) and why you find We Vote exciting by emailing JoinUs@WeVote.US. Please include information about yourself and let us know what questions you have. Remote applications within 3 time-zones of Pacific Time are welcome.