Hours per week
30 hours per week, minimum of 2 months
Tel Aviv District
Established in 1991, Windows has extensive experience in developing and implementing independent
education projects based on equal partnership between Palestinians from the Occupied Palestinian
Territories (OPT), Palestinian citizens of Israel and Israeli Jews: long-term programs that address the imbalance of power between the sides and the real needs of the participants. Therefore, our programs enable youth to critically engage with the challenges of the situation in a safe atmosphere that facilitates a change of feelings and perceptions. This change in turn leads to new attitudes and behaviors that are needed in order to create conditions for a future that is based on human rights for all. Our goal is to empower youth to take the responsibility to know more and take action towards this future.
Please note that there is no direct participation of the interns in the youth programs, but the interns are working behind the scenes in order to make them possible. All internships are unpaid but offer valuable experience in a friendly atmosphere. Windows' interns are considered an essential part of Windows team and are treated as such. Interns have the opportunity to coordinate projects and gain direct exposure to the workings of a non-profit organization. In addition, students are often able to arrange academic credits with their universities. Internships are usually a minimum of 2 months (preferably a 3-months or more).
- Lead group of 3-10 other international interns by running weekly meetings and coordinating group efforts
- Recruit future interns and manage applications
- Must be able to commit at least 35 hours a week for a 2-month period at least.
- Starting December 2018/January 2019
- Working proficiency in English
- Student of HR or related fields preferred
- Significant experience managing and leading a team, either professionally or within a university setting
- Proficiency with Google Drive and related docs (especially spreadsheets)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills