Hours per week
District of Columbia
This is a "hands-on" internship for hard-working individuals eager to learn non-profit methodology and gain leadership experience with international development. The International Development Intern will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to promote the organization among international constituents. The Intern will support Executive Board members in their efforts to advocate for women around the world who need a second chance, through providing access to higher education so that they may access improved job opportunities, and improve the health and well-being of their communities. The Intern will work closely with members of the Executive Board in outreach and advocacy campaigns.
- Support members of the Executive Board in outreach campaigns to their constituents; including developing strategic plans for communication and fundraising efforts
- Support the Asherah Foundation in its outreach to past applicants to provide opportunities to share their stories, and outreach to potential applicants to facilitate the application process
Communication with constituents around the world in support of the goals of the organization, including:
· Development of international communication strategies;
· Working closely with members of the Executive Board and staff to create and schedule content for international social media channels, and other forms of communication;
- Assisting in collection and creation of program quotes and stories from international constituents;
- Identification of collateral needs;
- Ensuring all collateral meets brand guidelines (ability to work with design programs a plus);
- Drafting and proofreading collateral, media stories, social media posts, etc.; and
- Contributing to successful event execution through administrative support.
Additional networking, training, and portfolio-building opportunities are available.
- Be enrolled in a degree seeking program (undergraduate or graduate students preferred); recent graduates welcome
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing many competing priorities under strict timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
- A very positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and social media
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking, and solutions
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong verbal and written business communications as well as proofreading and editing skills
- Comfortable asking questions and asking for direction
Experience with web design is preferred.
How To Apply
Please send résumé and brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position to: email@example.com.