Hours per week
The term of this position is from 1 to 12 months, with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule.
Krong Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province
Globalteer is a UK registered Charity working internationally with communities in developing countries in the areas of child care, education, sports and social services and with conservation and animal rescue projects.
The Events and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for raising funds for Globalteer’s charitable objectives and various international projects. The role will include grant research and writing, creating fundraising campaigns, and running fundraising events.
The successful candidate will be based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The term of this position is from 1 to 12 months, with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule. This is an unpaid position.
Key role responsibilities
• Running fundraising campaigns, locally and internationally
• Grant research and writing
• Donor relations
• Additional duties as required
Person Specification – Essential
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Fundraising and/or event management experience
• Basic understanding of grant writing
• Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and e-mail
• Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
• Strong belief in the value of volunteering in international development
• A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
• Available to travel to Cambodia for 1-12 months, self-paid
• Eligible for a tourist visa in Cambodia
• Travel insurance for the duration of your time in Cambodia
Ability to intern with a UK Registered Charity in Cambodia with Angkor Wat so close by!
How To Apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer 2 weeks after applying have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.
Globalteer is a registered Charity in England and Wales number 1119706. Website: www.globalteer.org