- Internship posted by National Association for Family, School and Community Engagement
Hours per week
15-20 hours per week
601 King Street
The Internship Program at National Association for Family, School and Community Engagement (NAFSCE) provides talented students and recent graduates with a three-month (or longer) training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking and value fresh perspectives. Interns will receive a stipend.
Role and Responsibilities
Interns will research articles for NAFSCE News, our twice-monthly newsletter; write draft blog posts; conduct interviews for newsletter pieces;
Interns will be responsible for assisting in outreach efforts, including: contacting NAFSCE individual and organizational members, member prospects, past event attendees, media partners to promote NAFSCE membership, events and activities
Interns may participate in a variety of research projects to inform upcoming programming, and policy initiatives. Identify innovative programming and research to be featured on NAFSCE’s website and in its Resource Library. Interns will also occasionally conduct research on key organizational contacts, as well as grant research.
Maintain Website and Social Media
Interns may assist in keeping dynamic content related to the programs and publications departments up to date on the NAFSCE website. Interns will also add photos and post articles to NAFSCE’s social media accounts and assist in compiling analytics data.
Audio/Visual and Design
Interns with design backgrounds may assist in the creation of program books and fliers for NAFSCE events, as well as content for ‘NAFSCE’s website.
· Student enrolled in a relevant graduate or undergraduate degree program or a recent graduate (if you are planning to continue your education within the next six months)
· Strong writing skills, excellent communication abilities, and attention to detail
· Willingness to learn about non-profits in the family engagement field
· PC and MAC literate (MS Office, Gmail, Google Dog); Internet-research savvy
· Team player, highly motivated, flexible, and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
15-20 hours per week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with NAFSCE, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.