Hours per week
1023 Market Street
Since its founding in 2011, the International Art Museum has been a place of peaceful reflection, community, partnership, and international understanding. Evolving from its inception as a retrospective of the works of H. H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, the museum has grown to include art from Algeria, Belgium, England, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Russia, Scotland, and the United States. The works of traditional calligraphy, Western oil painting, modern ink brush landscapes, sculptures and portraits, all work together to showcase the diversity of human experience and perception. IAMA over the years have been recognized with numerous awards - the Presidential Gold Award, the Dr. Martin Luther King Legacy Award for International Service and Leadership, Fellowship by the Royal Academy of Arts in 2004 and a World Peace Prize at the US Capitol in 2011.
The International Art Museum of America is looking for a passionate and dedicated marketing intern to assist the museum's marketing and outreach efforts. The intern will work closely with the Marketing team to help manage and develop marketing strategies that will increase museum patrons, engagement, and exposure.
· Support the Marketing team in researching contacts for press, collaborations, and outreach opportunities
· Maintain and grow the museum’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
· Maintain and post museum events and programs across online event platforms (facebook, eventbrite, sf funcheap, etc.)
· Keep track of social media analytics for weekly reports
· Perform daily account management of campaigns and budget on Google Adwords while tracking analytics. Report weekly on account performance and help develop strategies to increase effectiveness
· Assist in writing/designing communication projects as needed
· Currently pursuing a BA degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, powerpoint)
· Working knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing strategies (SEO, paid advertising, etc.)
· Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
· Organized and attentive to detail
· Comfortable working in a small-office and small-team environment
· Passionate about the arts and/or nonprofits
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications (photoshop, indesign, illustrator, etc.)
· Certified in Google Adwords, or previous experience working with Google Adwords
· Videography skills or video editing skills
This is an unpaid internship to last 3 - 6 months. IAMA offers interns small travel stipends to help cover commute costs.
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and any relevant samples (writing, social media posts, etc.) of past experience or work (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your availability for this position in your cover letter. All applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.