Hours per week
40 hours per week
1705 17th Street
Provide programmatic, communications, and administrative support to the Best for Colorado program, including research, business engagement, community-building and event support. This position will take the lead on effectively engaging over 200 businesses throughout the state of Colorado who have made a commitment to use their business for good by measuring and managing their social and environmental impact through Best for Colorado.
Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities
- Engage current participating companies through email campaigns, interviews for case studies, and through gathering and sharing exceptional practices on social media
- Connect with participants for feedback to inform program improvement and areas of interest to shape future programming
- Work to raise awareness of the Best for Colorado campaign by supporting communication efforts including email campaigns, social media, blog posts, website updates and other external communications
- Take lead on planning and logistics for events in the local community, including support for the Best for Colorado Awards Gala on June 7th 2018 that will bring more than 200 impactful businesses together with civic, non-profit and academic leaders from across the state to honor business as a force for good in Colorado
- Assist the campaign team with research, data entry, and database management to measure the impact of Best for Colorado
- Answer day-to-day requests from business participants and partners
- Perform general administrative office duties, including responding to internal and external inquiries, ordering supplies, etc.
- Enthusiastic interest in the social impact space and passionate about using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems
- Previous professional experience and general knowledge of business operations
- Collaborative and works well in a team setting
- Organized, efficient, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented, skilled at writing and proofing communications and ensuring accuracy in data
- Technically savvy; highly efficient with Word and Excel; Google Drive and other Google Apps, Salesforce or other CRM software preferred; HTML knowledge a bonus
- Experience with planning and executing events
- Experience with social media marketing using Twitter, Facebook, blogging, etc
- Open-minded and optimistic team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn
Work hours are typically 9AM – 5PM, some flexibility required for occasional evening and early morning events.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.
How To Apply
Please APPLY HERE