14.00 per hour
1275 K Street NW
2018 Marketing and Communications Intern
The DowntownDC BID seeks a Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team for a dynamic internship opportunity. We’re looking for a passionate and energetic individual who is seeking professional experience in the fields of communications and/or marketing.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Writing for the web, press materials, reports, and presentations
- Social media support
- Website programming and coding
- Online photo archiving
- Video Production
Additionally, the Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to connect with and experience new restaurants, retailers, and businesses in DowntownDC as well as experience all the DowntownDC community has to offer.
- Background in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Technology, or other related discipline
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Experience and interest in social media
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Interest or experience in generating creative marketing and event ideas
- A positive attitude, ability to work well in a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail Eligibility
Internships require working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and pursuing a related undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- This is an unpaid internship. We currently do no provide housing or transportation reimbursement
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and 3 writing samples to Parker@DowntownDC.org.
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer