Hours per week
Flexible- Two days a week minimum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Special Events and Corporate Intern to support RedR’s ongoing projects.
The Events Intern will support the fundraising team to successfully deliver a number of important events, helping to raise vital funds, thank supporters and cultivate key relationships.
Duties will include:
Supporting the Special Events and Philanthropy Manager with preparation for events including awards ceremonies, dinners, and breakfast meetings
Preparation of materials and presentations, dealing with guest enquiries, sending guest communications, (where required) organising raffle prizes, and attending events as a key part of the event delivery team
Assisting the Challenge Events and Campaign Coordinator (where required) to help promote and market challenge events (runs, cycles, treks etc) sending out fundraising materials, writing/sending thank you letters and certificates, logging participant details on the database and on the day event support
The role will require the intern to assist with administrative tasks including data entry, running reports, printing and posting materials, but will also allow responsibility for specific projects, and to contribute ideas to the team
Carrying out ad hoc research into future event ideas and sourcing opportunities for RedR to become the beneficiary of corporate industry events
Taking charge of the Events Inbox, monitoring enquiries and responding effectively
The intern will also be expected to assist with:
Assist with the preparation and delivery of bespoke Disaster Relief Challenge workshops for RedR’s corporate partners
Carrying out research on a number of fundraising and humanitarian initiatives
Supporting the team and other events as opportunities arise
This internship is perfect for someone interested in a career in fundraising and/or events, who wants to find out more about the different areas of work.
The intern will gain a thorough understanding of how special and challenge events contribute to charity fundraising, whilst also gaining broader knowledge about how a fundraising team operates. They will have the opportunity to assist with projects at all stages, from initial planning to on the day delivery and will develop successful communication, event management and organisation skills to take forward to their next role. RedR is committed to providing interns with real work and projects to ensure they learn as much as possible and gain tangible experience.
- Interest in or experience of events management and fundraising
- Willingness to get involved with a wide variety of activities and tasks
- Good time management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Understanding of the humanitarian/international development sector
- Experience of fundraising or events work for a UK charity
- Experience of using Salesforce and InDesign software
If you are looking to work in events, fundraising or the humanitarian sector, an internship with RedR will provide a supportive, challenging environment that could help you launch your career.
1. A chance to be a valued part of a well-regarded global humanitarian organisation
2. A structured intern programme with ownership of specific projects/campaigns
3. Full induction with all departments at RedR
4. Support from the fundraising team in building a professional portfolio of work
5. Chance to gain knowledge of fundraising income streams (primarily events and challenge but with exposure to corporate, trusts and major donor fundraising)
6. Professional career development with RedR’s HR team, including CV building, mock interviews and career development
7. A free place at a RedR training course, if appropriate
8. Training on the Salesforce database
9. Expenses payment of up to £5 for lunch and £13 for travel each day
How To Apply
Please email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
To download the full job description and person specification, please click the attachement.
N.B.:The advertised roles are based in London (United Kingdom), and RedR UK will be required to verify that the successful candidate(s) has the right to live and work in the UK
Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications and our limited resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted in two weeks from the time of your application and close of vacancy, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful