Hours per week
28 hours per week
1655 Ft Myer Dr
Do you aspire to work in the field of international education? Do you want to support a non-profit organization in providing rewarding study abroad experiences to students around the world? Then this internship may be for you.
The Communications Intern supports ISEP's Communications division in the development of external communications for ISEP members, students and industry and strategic partners.
This internship is instrumental to the implementation of ISEP’s communications objectives in both traditional and social media, and the development of new strategic partnerships to increase access and affordability of study abroad for ISEP students.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships, draft and edit external communications for members, strategic partnerships, industry publications, and events.
- Assist in the development of member communications to ensure ISEP stakeholders are current on ISEP’s program services.
- Execute communications plan supporting ISEP scholarships. Audiences include students, alumni, ISEP members, industry and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with ISEP’s Marketing Department to develop print materials supporting ISEP membership, and assist with drafting communications for traditional and social media.
- Draft and edit newsletters and presentations for members and new strategic partnerships.
- Complete research projects on study abroad industry topics for the Office of the President.
- Respond to inquiries from students and member institutions regarding ISEP programs and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or International Education. Graduate level work strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to include writing, editing, and formatting.
- Ability to effectively engage a variety of stakeholders and to customize communications to a target audience
- Experience providing quality customer service and a positive phone demeanor.
- A proven record of strong research skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
This internship is geared towards candidates who are self-directed, proactive, and that enjoy working independently without extensive oversight. At the conclusion of the internship, the incumbent will have a portfolio of work that can be shared with external audiences.
ISEP is a non-profit educational community dedicated to helping students overcome academic and financial barriers to study abroad. Made of up 337-member colleges and universities from 53 countries around the world, we work together to help provide students access to affordable, high-quality programs, that in return, help develop culturally sensitive skill sets needed for today’s global workforce.
How To Apply
· Submit a resume, brief writing sample (maximum 500 words), and a cover letter outlining your interest in ISEP and your qualifications for this internship.
· Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Communications Intern"
· Application deadline: March 19, 2018.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.