Hours per week
Minimum three days per week for twelve weeks.
About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
We're currently looking for a passionate, focused and organized intern to work with the Strategic Partnerships team this summer beginning June 4th through August 3rd.
- Assist with campaigning, advocacy, and outreach efforts focused on Global Citizen’s partnerships with NGOs and local actors on issues such as water and sanitation, food and nutrition security, education, healthcare, and gender equality
- Complete research briefs regarding policy and advocacy issues, funding opportunities, and potential upcoming events
- Draft compelling content pieces related to ongoing strategic partnerships campaigning and advocacy at the state and local level.
- Attend and assist with partnership meetings
- Draft impact reports following campaigning events, and track partnership opportunities.
- Support outreach and logistics for Global Citizen events and concerts
- Bachelor's Degree in political science, international relations, marketing, communications, and/or a related field preferred. Current undergraduates also accepted
- Demonstrated commitment to Global Citizen's work
- Knowledge and experience with non-governmental organizations, international institutions, United Nations agencies, and non-profit organizations
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience identifying and developing partner relationships
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to handle projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Excel
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Benefits and Other
- High level of independence and leadership to be applied to future career opportunities
- Space and ability to create and lead on partnerships
- Exposure to international development events and activities taking place in New York City
- Opportunity to be exposed to exciting Global Citizen and partner events
- 3 days per week
- $15/hr wage
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Based in New York City
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume and cover letter submission.