Hours per week
10 to 20 Hours a week
45 Milk St.
Year Up is seeking an Internship Services Intern to fulfill an internship on the Program team at the Year Up Boston office. Working directly under the supervision of the Internship Services Manager, this role will gain a variety of educational experiences through observing and performing an array of functions within the Internships Services team.
This internship will allow the opportunity to shadow, observe, and learn how to support the delivery of services provided by Internship Services that support a successful corporate partner internship experience for Year Up students. This role will support a fast-growing organization with performance and program participant/corporate partner supervisor satisfaction, directly contributing to Year Up’s graduation rate, conversion from internship-to-employment, and the renewal/growth of our employer relationships. The combined experiences will allow on-the-job learning and mentoring that directly supports Year Up’s program.
The Internship Services Intern will serve in a part-time capacity for 10 to 20 hours per week from April to August 2018 (dates and hours are flexible). A variety of tasks the Internship Services Intern will perform include sending bi-weekly communication with interns and supervisors, supporting coordination of service recovery across internal and external stakeholders, and helping cyclical programmatic processes.
Special projects may become available based on demonstrated interests, skills, or professional development goals.
In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Internship Services Intern will also have the opportunity to interact with students in program events, as appropriate.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Stellar customer service skills with solid follow up and follow through practices
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and proactive in taking the lead when opportunities arise
- Ability to lead, willingness to be led, and comfortable with situational leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
· This is an unpaid internship
· Work at Year Up in a mission-driven and fun team environment
· Receive hands-on training and mentoring by members of the Year Up team
· Contribute to implementation of key projects, which will help build a strong resume
How To Apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Katherine Kent, Internship Service Manager at email@example.com Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.