Hours per week
5-10 hours per week
3 5th Avenue
The Soul of Money Institute seeks to educate and empower individuals, organizations and institutions to align their allocation of financial resources with their most deeply- held values; to move from an economy based on fear, consumption and scarcity to an economy of love, sustainability and generosity.
The Intern for the Soul of Money Institute (SOMI) is a part time position with responsibilities pivotal to the success of this mission-driven enterprise. This person should be professional, warm and immersed in the principles and values of SOMI. The successful candidate will have great comfort being “of service” to a larger social vision through the execution of vital support functions. The intern will act in a supportive capacity to the Institute’s Administrative Assistant and through them to the President and Business Manager and will need to be organized, detailed oriented, a strong communicator, able to prioritize and must possess excellent computer skills.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support for the Administrative Assistant and through them the President, Director, Consultants and Soul of Money Institute team as needed
- Support maintenance of office archives, and insure availability of archival materials.
- Maintain organization of electronic and paper filing systems
- Complete special tasks and projects, as assigned
- Maintenance and updates of SOMI’s Contact Database (Apple Contacts)
- Process book sales using Square
- Transcribe of correspondences and documents
- Answer incoming telephone calls and inquiries; relay messages
- Assist with filing, copying, typing, report preparation, database and spreadsheet development, and technical support as needed and requested
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Must have advanced Word, Excel, Google Drive and Dropbox computer skills and a high level of familiarity with Apple products and software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive and take initiative in seeing tasks to completion within the requested deadlines
- Ability to work independently and creatively with a high degree of discretion, professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and carry out responsibilities independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to stay focused and yet flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong typing skills
Position Title: Intern
Supervisor: Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Status: Part Time (5 - 10 hours a week)
Location: 3 - 5th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94118
You will be :
- Absorbing the teachings of the Soul of Money Institute and Fundraising from the Heart
- Assisting Fundraising professionals to further their success in raising money
- Working with fast-moving, high-level clientele
- Learning to work with accuracy and integrity