2101 L St., NW
About this Job
The Communications Intern will gain valuable insight into the world of non-profit public relations and communications by working directly with the USGBC Marketing & Communications team. Overall responsibilities will include content development for online articles, fact checking and research, assisting with the development of social media content, assisting with planning for and production of multimedia assets, development of messaging materials for PR campaigns and announcements, and support of the production of the USGBC+ member magazine. Interns will be encouraged to participate in planning meetings and contribute their ideas to marketing & communications plans and initiatives.
Internship details include
- Develop content for a variety of article platforms, in support of external stakeholders and internal priorities.
- Assist with responding to data and research inquiries, fact checking for articles, media inquiries and internal content development.
- Assist with the development of social media content for a variety of channels and audiences.
- Support the development of multimedia assets for online publication.
- Participate in planning meetings and contribute to marketing and communications plans for major USGBC initiatives.
Education & training requirements/preferences
- Current enrollment in undergraduate or graduate program of study is required.
- Major or specialization in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English, Business, or relevant experience is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a marketing or communications position is preferred but not required.
Other required skills & qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Proficiency in video and audio editing software is a plus.
- HTML skills are a plus.
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.