Social Media Marketing Internship (Winter/Spring/Summer)
- Internship posted by Words Beats & Life (WBL)
Up to 10-15 hours per week // $250-375 per two week pay period
Hours per week
1525 Newton St NW
Join the team at one of the District's most impactful arts non-profits. Interns develop their marketing skills with the guidance of our Marketing Director. Interns edit web text, newsletters, social media and content. This is a wonderful opportunity for college students interested in having a hands-on experiences in all aspects of marketing in a grassroots nonprofit.
Ideal candidates will have Photoshop CS6, copy editing skills, and a desire to learn the basics of web development and internal/external communications. S/he/x does not need prior experience in Marketing, just a willingness to learn and challenge themselves to meet deadlines.
- Update Words Beats & Life website
- Create and curate original content for quarterly report
- Event marketing
- Assisting staff with communications projects
- Assist on production and distribution of WBL's video annual report
- Provide general administrative support for Marketing and Academy Staff
- Conduct interviews of partners, clients and members of the community
- Assist in the assessment of program impact and areas of development
- Communication skills, both written and verbal:
- Casual voice like you love life!
- Informative voice like you are coordinating an event.
- Skill at executing detail-oriented projects, flexibility in handling shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Laying out schedules and consolidating information via Microsoft Excel
- Research skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Experience with photo editing software a plus
Minimum of 15 hours a week (ideally three five hours days), ideal for college Junior, Senior or Graduate student. Graduates are also encouraged ot apply.
How To Apply
Send your resume, up to three minute mp4 video introducing yourself and why you think you are a good fit for WBL, a 2-3 page writing sample, and 10 tweets (140 characters) persuading us to hire you to email@example.com with the subject "Social Media Marketing Internship."
No phone calls please.