Social Media Intern
- Internship posted by The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc. (NBLCA)
Hours per week
20 hours per week.
215 West 125th Street
The mission of the National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc. (NBLCA) is to educate, mobilize, and empower black leaders to meet the challenge of fighting HIV/AIDS and other health disparities in their local communities. NBLCA conducts policy, research and advocacy on HIV and AIDS to ensure effective participation of our leadership in all policy and resource allocation decisions at the national, state and local levels of communities of African descent nationwide.
We’re looking for a motivated and energetic Social Media Intern to engage our growing online community.
You’ll work closely with the Executive Team and Communication consultant to collaborate on the best strategy, content, branding and activities that increase engagement among NBLCA’s social media community.
You’ll bring our social media and community strategy to life by interacting with our audience our social channels. You’re a great candidate for this role if you love digital media & technology and want to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities affected by HIV/AIDS.
· Content creation: Develop engaging copy, monitor daily posts, moderate conversations and create marketing materials.
· Social media marketing: Create, manage and grow NBLCA’s presence through email marketing, newsletters, regular blogs, Twitter, Facebook and other strategically relevant online properties.
· Reporting: Track and report on key metrics across social channels and use findings to maximize engagement opportunities.
· Maintain NBLCA’s brand voice and culture in all social media communication.
· Special projects.
· Administrative duties as assigned.
- Relevant graduate or undergraduate experience in public health, public administration, public affairs, health, nonprofit management
- Strong background in communications and/or digital marketing
- An interest in non-profit
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a larger team
- A willingness to learn quickly and jump in.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, copy-editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Basic video/audio editing skills
Graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, MailChimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, and HTML/CSS a
It is a paid stipend internship. Monthly metro card provided. Looking for someone available until May 2018 or longer.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and links to social media sites you've created or worked on.