Hours per week
28 hours/ per week
CDP North America is currently looking for an intern to work on Matchmaker with the CDP Cities team based in New York City. This position is an opportunity for the right applicant to be part of an innovative pilot program and thus to participate heavily in the shaping and development of Matchmaker.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us on Twitter @CDP to find out more.
About the CDP Cities Team
CDP Cities provides a global platform for municipal governments to disclose greenhouse gas emissions, climate change risks, adaptation actions, and other data. Cities seek capital to meet their ambitious climate goals but face barriers in accessing financing. To overcome these barriers, CDP recently launched Matchmaker, a service that engages in consultations with over 300 cities around the world to create an inventory of sustainability and climate-related municipal projects. The Matchmaker dashboard showcases climate-related investment opportunities in cities to investors.
· Outreach to city governments to explain the benefits of providing project data to Matchmaker;
· Contact by phone and email city governments around the world to provide project consultation and support;
· Transcribe project data;
· Update city data submissions;
· Assist with maintaining and updating a large project data set;
· Provide analysis as needed;
· Outreach and recruitment of new cities to disclose to CDP in 2018; and
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Interest in cities, sustainability, and project development;
· Understanding of greenhouse gas accounting and climate risk and adaptation strategies;
· Attention to detail;
· Experience with Microsoft Excel;
· Outgoing and personable attitude;
· Extremely comfortable speaking on the phone;
· Excellent English verbal and written competencies; and
· Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish, and/or French is strongly preferred.
How To Apply
The successful candidate must be able to work legally in the U.S. and be able to commit to working at least 3 days per week (28 hours per week) in the New York office (location in Chelsea/Flatiron) on a regular schedule starting early April through June 30, 2018 with the possibility of an extension.
Interested candidates should send an email with copy of their CV and a cover letter attached outlining their suitability for the role to recruitment at email@example.com with "CDP Cities internship 2018" in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing date for applications: April 6, 2018