$15-22 hr, full-time, DOE
Hours per week
Full time, 10 to 12 weeks
17371 Northeast 67th Court
Greenroads Foundation (www.greenroads.org) seeks a Communications Associate for a full-time internship up to 12 weeks. As Communications Associate, you will be assigned to complete and deliver specific communications projects and activities that support the mission and vision of the organization and will help tell the story of our global impact.
As Communications Associate, you have a remarkable ability to engage with other people and get them to come out of their shells. You are an empathetic listener and a meticulous note-taker. You have impeccable grammar, love creative writing, and have a strong commitment to finding clarity. You are an investigator and you love connecting the dots. You know how to simplify and distill complex content into great storylines that reach diverse audiences. You love telling the right stories that showcase success and have a great alternative facts detector. You like meeting new people and remember names and life stories. You are prompt at follow-ups and comfortable with technology. You are a producer of awesomeness and you always add a personal touch or a bit of flare to make your work stand out. You are curious and willing to learn new things. You make eye contact, can create great conversations, and are not shy to tell it like it is. You like to help build connections between the right people. You are responsive and attentive to detail.
As an intern, you are choosing to spend your summer with us. We hope you will become a daily representative of Greenroads and its mission to benefit communities and the environment by recognizing sustainable transportation projects and promoting sustainability education for transportation infrastructure around the world.
- Developing new content and editing content for external communications including the Greenroads website, electronic newsletter, and other copy
- Developing new content and editing content for internal communications including policies and procedures
- Assisting with contact maintenance in the CRM database and mailing lists
- Prospect research in support of all programs
- Conducting interviews with our supporters in multiple countries
- Supporting promotional activities for events, members, and successful projects
- Assisting with development of local media lists
- Drafting new content including blog posts, press releases and social media posts
- Performing other projects as assigned
- Perfect grammar and spelling and an eye for this kind of detail
- Excellent conversational and writing skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail about relationships and people
- Prior experience communicating complex topics in simple terms to multiple audiences
- Comfortable with web editing tools
- Professional and positive attitude
- Pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or policy
- CRM tool experience
- Prior experience with sales, customer support, or event planning
- Prior nonprofit experience with communications, advocacy, and/or fundraising
- Proactive, sense of ownership, can work independently and self-sufficiently
You will report directly to the CEO. You will interact and cooperate directly with past and current Project Teams and our website developers.
This position does not have direct reports.
- Open-plan desk in a collaborative space with lots of windows
- Dog-friendly, with two resident canines for comic relief and exercise in nearby Marymoor Park
- We are currently located on the 2nd floor of a building with no elevator and up a flight of 24 stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
- Desk work
- Occasional long or non-routine hours
Other Position Details
- Full-time, non-exempt, temporary
- Internships last approximately 10-12 weeks, to be determined upon hire
- We are committed to providing creative and self-directed individuals with a variety of future opportunities for projects beyond their assigned tasks provided performance expectations are met.
Prospective applicants must upload a completed PDF packet to this online application with your cover letter, including the following supporting materials:
- Copy of individual’s résumé or curriculum vitae
- Writing sample – no more than 1 page
- Presentation sample – no more than 1 MB in PDF (PPTX or similar format)
- Cover letter that addresses 1) applicant’s personal and career goals, and 2) how working at Greenroads would help the applicant meet those goals, 3) anything else the applicant is willing to share
Please apply at the link above. We do not accept email, phone or in person applications. Please note we receive a high volume of applicants and will not be able to respond to each one. We will not respond to incomplete applications.
Academic credit may be able to be arranged as needed depending on program requirements of supporting institution. Please advise if this is desired.