1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as Family and Community Engagement Interns during the summer of 2018.
Like all DREAM staff, the Family and Community Engagement Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
See below for opportunities:
- Family and Community Engagement – Out of School Time Intern
- Family and Community Engagement – School Interns
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Family and Community Engagement – Out of School Time Intern
- Assist the Family and Community Engagement (FCE) team with family outreach and recruitment;
- Assist the FCE team in planning and organizing community events/fairs;
- Perform administrative tasks.
II. Family and Community Engagement – School Interns
- Schedule & confirm home visit appointment with all Pre K – 10th Grade families (approximately 500) through phone banking;
- Create & distribute flyers;
- Purchase and organize materials for summer events;
- Assist in set up and clean up of summer events;
- Complete data entry projects.
- Must be a student at a 4-year accredited institution pursing a degree in: Education, Social Work, Community Organizing or Adult Education;
- Must be Spanish speaking;
- Spanish writing and reading skills (preferred, but not mandatory);
- Familiar with Gmail;
- Experience with Google Docs;
- MS Office;
- Organization and time management;
- Experience working with families and youth;
- Experience working with diverse cultures and communities
- Leadership and communication skills;
- Community development.
25-35 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Unpaid but course credit or volunteer arrangements are available.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/family-and-community-engagement-interns-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa-1