Hours per week
40 hours/week through the summer
1400 16th Street NW
District of Columbia
Position Summary/ Objective
The International Fund for Animal Welfare is seeking a policy analyst intern for a 1 year term in our Washington, DC office. The employee will be responsible for a variety of assignments including research, drafting letters and fact sheets, grassroots outreach, and direct lobbying of federal and state legislators and regulatory agencies on issues pertinent to the IFAW mission, particularly our Big Cats in Captivity campaign, marine program, wildlife crime program, and education work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support IFAW US Campaigns by executing responsibilities as assigned by Campaign officers including but not limited to conducting desktop research; writing or reviewing legislation or regulations; writing fact sheets, member correspondence, and other public facing documents; direct lobbying and letters to Congress and administration; and helping to write and edit institutional reports.
- Learn about each of the IFAW US office campaigns and programs and identify tasks to further campaign and program goals.
- Correspond and collaborate with IFAW employees in other offices and in different time zones efficiently and effectively.
- Represent IFAW at coalition meetings, lobbying meetings and events, and other events primarily in the D.C Metropolitan Area.
- Manage time effectively, balancing the needs of different Campaign and Program officers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Ideal candidates will have a passion for animal protection and wildlife policy, and a desire to learn how to make a difference for animals through education, outreach and policy. We require a master’s or law degree in a related field, however, experience equivalent will be considered in lieu of a degree. The candidate must also be able to:
- Efficiently use Microsoft Windows features including Outlook, Word, Excel, and other basic computer tools
- Communicate cordially and work closely and constructively with fellow employees with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume through the Applicant Tracking System at https://www.ifaw.org/united-states/about-ifaw/employment