1401 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Our name, Issue One, speaks to our mission: We are focused on the core civic issue of our time — solving the root cause of the gridlock crippling Washington and degrading our democracy. Founded in 2013, we are a nonpartisan nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to political reform and government ethics in order to strengthen democracy and return government to the American people. We prioritize working across the aisle to find commonsense solutions that transcend the partisan divide.
Issue One is seeking a summer Policy & Programs intern interested in democracy reform who can jump into our fast-paced and stimulating office culture to help us make our government one that is truly accountable to every American.
Our interns are integral members of the team. We are a small but growing office where you will gain hands-on experience in legislative affairs, running and developing large programs, working with current and former elected officials, and other areas depending on your interests. We also work closely with other reform organizations and will give you an expansive look at the important work being done nationwide to reduce money in politics.
As an Issue One intern, you will:
- Help recruit and maintain relationships with our advisory board
- Assist the Policy & Programs team with legislative outreach
- Monitor news and updates related to money in politics
- Conduct money-in-politics and legislative research
- Help with other tasks as required
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, or a recent graduate (Government and Communications majors preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in campaign finance reform, government and policy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and PC, MS Office)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
Each intern will be expected to work about 40 hours per week, during standard office hours (M-F, 9am-5pm). To apply, please send a cover letter and resume as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide a stipend for each day worked.