Hours per week
119 W 23rd Street
9th Floor, Suite 902
The East Side Institute (www.eastsideinstitute.org) is a New York City-based international non-profit training and research center for developing and promoting alternative and radically humanistic approaches in psychology, therapy, education, and community building. Since the mid-1980s, the Institute has worked to evolve a social-cultural approach to human development that promotes practices that relate to people of all ages as social performers and creators of their lives. This approach – social therapy – is at once a group-oriented, development-focused psychotherapy and a methodology with broad application in educational, cultural, health and community settings.
We have an opening for an unpaid intern to help us develop social media outreach, research and who wish to hone their skills and gain experience by working in a innovative, developmental, performatory nonprofit environment. Internships are available during the academic year as well as the summer. Interns should be willing to commit a minimum of 3 months (may be extended upon intern request), and at least 10 hours per week.
You may be eligible if you have:
- good writing skills
- competencies with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- an interest in the East Side Institute and its work to create new, more performance-based, approaches to learning, development and community building
- effective communication skills;
- working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- a well-organized, detail-oriented approach to work; and
- the ability to multi-task effectively.
From an internship with ESI, we expect that interns will gain:
- an opportunity to learn about, and contribute to, the mission of the East Side Institute and the broader performance/development movement we have helped to build across the globe;
- the chance to explore and clarify career choices and goals; and
- research, writing, analytical and communication skills and gain decision making and critical thinking skills, increased confidence and self-esteem.
International students welcome!
Start and end times can be modified slightly based on the students semester schedule.
How To Apply
Matthew Gonzalez Internship Coordinator, East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy
Send resume with cover letter to: Matthew Gonzalez,