777 United Nations Plaza
New York City
PCI Media is looking for candidates interested in joining our internship program and supporting our global communication programs for social change and development around the world. We are looking for individuals who are creative, passionate, good writers, and that love to be part of a multi-cultural and international team. We expect interns to join us for at least three months and work an average of four days a week.
About PCI Media
PCI Media has empowered communities worldwide to inspire positive social and environmental change through storytelling and creative communications. We are a leader in the Communications for Development sector, with a particular expertise in Entertainment-Education.
For over 30 years, we have advanced the well-being of vulnerable populations by improving knowledge, shifting attitudes, and changing behaviors with regard to critical global health, human rights, social justice and environmental issues. Our commitment to three interconnected themes –Health, Empowerment and Environment – means we address a wide variety of issues: family planning, reproductive health, sanitation, HIV/AIDS, Ebola, rape, trafficking, women’s empowerment, youth education, natural resource management, wildlife conservation, climate change, and sustainable development.
We pursue this work through our My Community model of strengthening the capacity of our local partners, creating a community of constituents who support our collaborative work, and promoting positive changes in knowledge, attitudes and behavior. Through these “Three C’s”, our programs leave a lasting footprint of local capacity and sustainability.
Together with our partners around the world, we have produced more than 5,000 episodes of 100 television and radio productions, reaching more than one billion people in over 59 countries.
For more information, please visit www.pcimedia.org.
If you are interested in gaining experience in communications for change throughout the world, if you are comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment, if you have a knack for being organized, if you can easily respond to a wide variety of needs and opportunities, and if you are well versed in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other similar programs, then you might be a great fit for PCI Media’s Environment Programs Campaigns Intern.
PCI Media seeks an Environment Programs Campaigns Intern to support our environmental portfolio of work. Areas we currently work on include climate change, biodiversity, ozone depletion, and wildlife trafficking. During the internship youThe intern will gain first-hand experience in what it takes to run national, regional, and global campaigns as part of an international n international development non-profit organization. And you will be key in supporting PCI Media Impact better meet the demands of our unique mission.
You will be involved in the following areas and tasks:
· Research up to date information and program interventions on topics of interest to the Organization.
· Write for blogs, social media, and internal/external communication.
· Support the program and communication team on program deliverables.
· Provide editing to internal and external communication materials (fluency in French or Spanish is a plus).
· Support the design and development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) products.
· Organize training for radio hosts, stakeholders and production teams in intervention countries
· Support monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
· Support fundraising and administrative support.
· Academic background in communication, communication for development, environmental studies, or a related field
· Strong academic and creative writing skills
· Experience writing for both technical and layperson audiences
· Experience managing social media
· Interest in environmental and/or sustainable development issues
· Program planning, management, and evaluation skills
· Strong communication skills
· Experience working in non-profit sector is a plus
· Ability to work as part of a larger team, but also to work independently
· Ability to take a project from start to finish
· Organized and detail-oriented, yet also flexible to move with the needs of senior staff
· Knows how to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Adobe InDesign a plus)
· Enjoys working with people of diverse backgrounds
· Fluency in French preferred UN language preferred
· Graphic design capabilities are a plus
How To Apply
Along with a resume, please send a cover letter that explains your interest in the internship and two writing samples. Finally, tell us about your time frame for an internship. We will start interviews as soon as we receive applications. The position is currently open and is voluntary in nature.
Please send your application to email@example.com, with “Environment Programs Campaigns Intern” in the subject line. We will confirm receipt of your application.