Hours per week
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated individual to conduct research and maintain outreach correspondence for our educational film program, SIMA Classroom. Candidates must be proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Excel, have excellent research and communication skills and a strong interest in education, impact media, sustainable development, human rights and advocacy.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and independently organize workflow
- Ability to give input and collaborate on ideas
- Strong interest in global social justice, documentaries, and education
- Experience with listservs & Google Docs is a plus
- Experience working in the education, media, non-profit sector is a plus
- Lesson plan writing / copy-editing experience a huge plus
- Wordpress or other website upkeep experience is also a huge plus!
- We value open-mindedness and eloquence
- Conduct research for finding potential educational institutions, partners, conferences to attend, and organizations to follow and interact with on social channels;
- Conduct research for expanding edu resources and lesson plans;
- Update SIMA Classroom website and social media channels;
- Write and track outreach correspondence;
- Assist other team members in day-to-day tasks and activities.
3 months minimum required. Work in office minimum 2 days a week 10am-4pm.
Unpaid internship with benefits such as:
- Get individualized education on outreach, research, and communications
- Develop and refine copy-writing and editing skills
- Be a part of a new and innovative venture amplifying social impact efforts around the world
- Opportunity to learn with a non-profit/ media impact / film festival/ advocacy organization
- Build contacts in the independent film/ media/ educational/ humanitarian/ human rights sector
- Each intern has the option to work on a project during their internship. This can be anything from a short documentary to an advocacy campaign - if it sets your soul on fire, we want to help it come into fruition and will mentor your project throughout your time with us. More importantly, you will get a platform to graduate your passion from ideation to creation.