$250 minimum, or--if we reach our fundraising goal, $2,000.
Hours per week
2-3 hours a day in February - April 2018. When we get close to the end of the campaign, you might need to work on weekends, too.
Manage the Kickstarter Campaign for AfroOchoDance, an Afro-Cuban dance series taking place in Little Havana's arts district in September 2018 and February 2019. We are the recipients of a 2018 Knight Arts Challenge grant from the John S. & James L. Knight Foundation, but we need to raise matching funds! That's why we need YOU.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Updating an Excel spreadsheet that lists the (a) name of backer; (b) how much contributed; (c) what gifts we promised them;
- Posting regular updates to the Kickstarter page;
- Promoting the campaign on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as other means;
- Communicating with backers as needed (thanking each backer individually);
- Communicating with our choreographer on a weekly basis, with a list of supporters promised a "thank you" via a mini-video on Instagram;
- Providing weekly update to Producer on status of Kickstarter campaign;
- Reaching out to various related networks to promote Kickstarter campaign;
- Referring potential sponsors to the Sponsorship Manager (we have sponsorships, too).
We have set up the Kickstarter campaign already, but have not yet launched it. We're look for someone with:
- strong writing skills
- experience running a marketing/promotional campaign
- crowdfunding and especially Kickstarter experience (preferred)
- dependability and initiative
- organizational skills
- attention to detail
If you have experience working in the world of dance or Cuban culture, then let us know! Also let us know if you are bilingual (Spanish/English): another plus.
We are Equal Opportunity employer.
Other Benefits include:
- Strong letters of recommendation if you do well with this internship;
- Producer will help you strengthen your LinkedIn profile (if you help us meet our goal!);
- Work remotely;
- Invitation to VIP events related to AfroOchoDance;
- Inclusion in a powerful network of people involved in African diaspora arts, events, business, etc.;
- Bio and promotion of YOU on our website and through other means.
How To Apply
Please send us a resume and a short statement explaining why you are interested in (and qualified for) this position. It need not be a "formal" cover letter. Just write something in your own words explaining why this internship matters to you, and why you think you're the person we should pick! :-)
Include evidence of previous work, at one writing sample, please.