We are seeking a conscientious quick learner to strengthen our current team in the capacity of Investigations Intern. We are targeting an energetic self-starter who can demonstrate creative approaches towards assigned tasks. You question why poaching and trafficking of wildlife are spiralling out of control. You are interested in a getting to know or increase your available knowledge on how a foundation like the Wildlife Justice Commission runs its operations. As well as we are, you are dedicated to a future in which wildlife crime no longer occurs because governments effectively enforce the law.
- Conduct investigations on various social media platforms and compile information into reports.
- Translate various Chinese documents that come through into English and compile them into investigation reports.
- Assist in various tasks of the Investigation teams, i.e. organising the Case File.
- Conduct a variety of open source research in order to support the investigations team.
- Ambitious young professional: You have been successful in your studies and extracurricular activities. You are currently in the process of obtaining your bachelor or Master’s degree. The internship is only open to students that are enrolled at a Dutch university throughout the term of the internship.
- Doer: You get things done. You are hands-on and proactive. You pay attention to details. You are willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines, you are result oriented. You are very quality-oriented and stress resistant.
- Quick learner: You are highly analytical and structured in thinking. You learn new things very quickly. You do not get rest until you find the missing puzzle. You have extensive experiences with multitasking and tasks prioritisation.
- Team player: You work and think in teams, interdisciplinary and multicultural. You welcome feedback and use that to learn and improve.
- Excellent communicator: You are fluent in English and also have extensive knowledge of the Chinese language. You communicate excellently in both languages, verbally and in writing.
- Owner: You are taking ownership. You work independently and are ready to assume full responsibility for your deliverables
- An internship of 32 working hours per week for a period of six months at our office in The Hague.
- A strong focus on coaching and support by your supervisor and colleagues that will help you grow as a professional.
- An international environment that is bound to further improve your English language skills.
- Financial remuneration of €200,- per month for 32 working hours per week.
- Travel expenses covered up to €100,- per month depending on the place of residence.
- A number of paid holiday hours. • A flexible work schedule.
How To Apply
Looking To Make A Difference for Wildlife?
Please e-mail your CV and motivation letter in confidence and by email only to email@example.com. Should you have any questions about this position, please email us to this address.
Please indicate Investigations Internship on the email subject line.