Hours per week
10-15 hours a week
105 Chauncy St.
This is an UNPAID internship.
FriendshipWorks is in search of an intelligent, data and detail oriented Salesforce Nerd (or “Salesforce Analyst” if you’d prefer) with either experience building and streamlining databases, or with a passion to learn and grow with the project.
FriendshipWorks' mission is to reduce social isolation, enhance quality of life and preserve the dignity of elders in Boston and Brookline. We accomplish this mission by recruiting and training volunteers of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds who provide friendship, advocacy, education, assistance, and emotional support.
Salesforce touches nearly every aspect of what we do: fundraising, relationship building and maintenance with volunteers and recipients of our services, event planning, and more. We have had huge success with our newly minted Salesforce Team (just about to turn 1!)-- we have implemented the Household Account model, undertaken major data cleaning, and have come a long way on streamlining and standardizing our processes. This position will perform the duties below, with a forward focus on proactively addressing the changing needs of our organization.
Some hours may be performed off-site. We are looking for a minimum of a 6 month commitment.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, and the Salesforce Team, the Salesforce Nerd will be responsible for:
- Fielding and evaluating user requests and troubleshooting user issues.
- Developing case-specific, individual, and group trainings on Salesforce.
- Managing data and data clean-up as needed.
- Serving as a backup for data and donation entry as needed during busy cycles.
- Serving as a backup for creating customized reports as needed.
- Conducting a process assessment with each program staff member to create a strategy for streamlining.
- Supporting database cleanup through duplicate management, report management, and general platform simplification.
- Creating Salesforce user policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining naming conventions for picklists, report folders, dashboards and other areas to improve system usability.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience with Salesforce or a comparable database highly preferred. Additional Salesforce certification or familiarity with Nonprofit Starter Pack for Salesforce a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Must demonstrate patience and an ability to work with people with varying degrees of technical skill.
- Ability to bridge between non-technical user-base and technical development teams.
- Professional comportment and strong customer service track record.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Self-starter requiring little management.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and on-time execution.
- Experience training users at various levels of comfort and ability a plus.