$1000 per month
Hours per week
Approximately 20 hours/week (flexible)
2600 Virginia Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Marketing Intern will play a role in helping to generate revenue for the National Trust through a variety of marketing initiatives. The intern will have an opportunity to work on marketing campaigns for corporate partners, take part in print and online advertising sales management, help grow various National Trust business segments including historic real estate, and play a role in streamlining our corporate prospecting process.
National Trust internships are temporary, volunteer experiential learning opportunities with no expectation of employment at the conclusion of the internship. For this internship, the National Trust is offering a stipend of $1,000 per month to help offset expenses, and is looking for someone to start as soon as available and work for 3-6 months at about 20 hours per week (flexible schedule available).
- Work with current and new corporate partners to help implement marketing initiatives including crowd-funding campaigns, dedicated email, social media, and other outreach to National Trust members and supporters as well as new audience segments
- Help implement shift to centralized database, documenting past corporate partnerships and supporting prospecting for future partners
- Research and help identify new revenue generating opportunities
- Provide operational support for online advertising – trafficking ads and generating reports for advertisers
- Play a role in expanding the audience for the historic real estate site while supporting the existing site - responding to customer questions, helping load listings onto the site, etc.
EDUCATIONAL VALUE TO THE INTERN
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning how a non-profit organization can generate revenue through a variety of business models including sponsorships, licensing, royalty programs, crowd-sourcing, and advertising.
Specifically, the intern will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Business development – learning the process and partnership structures involved in developing corporate partnerships
- Cause marketing – identifying new ways to generate cause-related revenue for the National Trust
- Advertising operations for print and online advertising including online classifieds
The intern will also have the opportunity to participate in any educational programming offered during their time at the National Trust including staff exchanges and departmental meetings. Students may also be eligible for college or graduate school academic credit at the discretion of their institution.
- Some experience in project management, new business development, relationship management and marketing
- Ability to work 20 hours per week during regular business hours – schedule can be flexible
- Basic project-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve results with supervision, including ability to interact professionally with key internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Strong organizational skills required, with ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently, and meet deadlines in a timely fashion
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Friendly and professional demeanor on the phone and in writing, with ability to speak and write clearly in English. Bi-lingual language skills (especially English/Spanish) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with culturally diverse colleagues; connections to or experience helping to engage culturally diverse audiences and partners a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Comfort with web-based tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s level studies (or equivalent years of experience) required; current or rising juniors, seniors or graduate students preferred. Studies or demonstrated career interest in marketing, strategy, business, and related subject matter preferred.
National Trust internships are temporary, volunteer experiential learning opportunities with no expectation of employment at the conclusion of the internship.
For this internship, the National Trust is offering a stipend of $1,000 per month to help offset expenses, and is looking for someone to start as soon as available and work for 3-6 months at about 20 hours per week (flexible schedule available).
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to 722852-CJBfirstname.lastname@example.org