Hours per week
10-15 hours a week
105 Chauncy St.
This is an UNPAID internship.
FriendshipWorks is in search of an intelligent, data and detail oriented individual to take on our helpdesk needs and a long overdue data migration project. This Tech Wizard (or, if you’d prefer, “IT Helpdesk”) would be the front line for our technical and troubleshooting issues and serve as project manager for larger fixes as needed.
Some hours of this position may be performed off-site. We are looking for a commitment of at least 3 months.
FriendshipWorks' mission is to reduce social isolation, enhance quality of life and preserve the dignity of elders in Boston and Brookline. We accomplish this mission by recruiting and training volunteers of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds who provide friendship, advocacy, education, assistance, and emotional support.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, the Tech Wizard will:
- Serve as primary contact for fielding and evaluating user requests and troubleshooting user issues.
- Maintain security, OS, and other updates on staff computers.
- Create and maintain an inventory list for all FriendshipWorks technology.
- Serve as project manager for data migration project (from internal file server to Google Drive): create new filing system, implement changes, and train staff on new system.
- Serve as a backup for data and donation entry as needed during busy cycles (Salesforce).
- Serve as a backup for creating customized reports as needed (Salesforce).
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong PC, application, and network troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on experience with Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus (bonus points for experience with the Nonprofit Starter Pack).
- Versatility to learn and vet software/hardware according to FriendshipWorks needs.
- Must demonstrate patience and an ability to work with people with varying degrees of technical skill.
- Must have ability to bridge between non-technical user-base and technical development teams.
- Professional comportment and strong customer service track record.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Self-starter requiring little management.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and on-time execution.
- Experience training users at various levels of comfort and ability a plus.
- Posses a high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.