$1,500 total, for the Summer Semester
Hours per week
32 hours per week - 40 hours per week preferred
1250 H St., NW Suite 305
The Communications intern works closely with the Communications team. The intern divides their time between communications, database management, and social media support as well as providing general office administration and project support. The Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the communications team in the development of content across platforms (including email, website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other channels) and supporting the development of associated projects.
The Communications intern will also work collaboratively on a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to: monitoring social media channels, updating various databases (including Salesforce), and contributing to the content, design, and production of Global Ties U.S. publications. During the course of the semester, the Communications intern may be offered the opportunity to provide support to Global Ties U.S. exchange programs, which falls outside of the regular internship scope of work. The ideal candidate will be able to work 32-40 hours/4-5 days a week.
- Posted start and end dates are somewhat flexible
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Communications background: Ideal candidate has experience in writing for the web, email, social media, and general editing skills.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with graphic design (Ideally with Adobe Creative Suites, including InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work beyond the parameters of a job description
- Background and interest in citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership, global engagement, or international education and exchange
How To Apply
Please follow the instructions on the link: http://www.globaltiesus.org/about-us/jobs-a-internships/118-internships
Only fully completed applications (including Cover Letter and Resume) will be considered. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis. Vacancies will be open until all positions are filled. Due to the high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.