Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Hours per week
Part-Time (16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks)
TITLE: Levitt LA Spring Outreach Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time (16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 7, 2018
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10 consecutive weeks beginning late March or early April
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Relations & Outreach
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
The Levitt LA Spring Outreach Intern will support efforts to engage Levitt LA’s growing audience base during the months leading up to the 2019 free summer concert series in MacArthur Park, building upon the momentum and excitement of previous concert seasons while playing a role in implementing community engagement programs and outreach strategies.
This internship provides excellent experience for careers in program development and management, community engagement and organizing, event coordination, and arts administration. This is an ideal internship for those with a passion for working with the diverse communities of Los Angeles, developing partnerships and building networks to support mission-driven programs, and collaborating with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. This internship also includes gaining relevant experience by representing Levitt LA at community events in various neighborhoods of Los Angeles.
Activities for this internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Levitt LA at community events (festivals, health fairs, farmers markets, etc.), including info table set-up/breakdown, interacting with community members, and distributing Levitt LA information
- Participate in grassroots community outreach activities, including canvassing, phone banking, etc.
- Contribute ideas for and support implementation of community engagement strategies, to support overall audience development and outreach efforts
- Help identify and confirm potential community partners, including assisting with identifying key contacts within community-based organizations
- Research the demographics of the Westlake District and adjacent neighborhoods, including those immediately surrounding MacArthur Park
- Assist with administrative tasks to support the coordination of concert series volunteers, food vendors, lawn activities, community partners, and sponsors
- Contribute ideas and identify supplies for Kidzone arts & craft activities
- Attend and assist with monthly Community Advisory Council meetings
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, required
- Interest in live music, event planning, social justice through the arts
- Passion for working with diverse neighborhoods, including in and around Westlake/MacArthur Park
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
- Passion for Levitt LA’s mission
- Strong computer skills and experience with the Microsoft suite of applications
- Available to attend events on weekends and evenings
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the vibrant cultural tapestry of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE outdoor concerts are presented at Levitt LA, highlighting LA’s rich diversity through performances featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at Levitt LA!
· Ensures free access to exceptional live music and family-friendly entertainment for people of all ages, backgrounds and socioeconomic circumstances
· Provides a welcoming, fun and safe community gathering place open to all
· Brings consistent, positive energy to MacArthur Park every summer
· Supports the livelihood of professional musicians
· Connects diverse populations as a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) music venue
To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.