Depends on Experience
Hours per week
20 hours per week
4530 Union Bay Place NE, Suite 214
International Program Intern
Seattle-based NorthWest Student Exchange (NWSE) is seeking an International Program Intern with foreign language skills (e.g. German, French, Japanese, Spanish or Italian).
Join the NWSE team and utilize your excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to work with our international team. Gain international experience and enhance your cross-cultural communication skills in a fast paced, casual, yet professional international student exchange program setting.
Preferred commitment: 6 months or longer (with possibility of future full time employment)
Hours: 20 hours/week
• Minimum of one year work experience and/or applicable courses of study/major
• Previous customer service experience, including phone communications
• Motivated to perform administrative tasks, including client communication, preparing mailings, data entry, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Advanced writing and speaking skills in a foreign language
• Able to communicate clearly and professionally in English by phone and email
• Comfortable working in an office support position
• Team-player, positive/up-beat personality and quick learner
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Strong interest in international education and exchange
• Social media savvy, experience with Photoshop, Publisher, PowerPoint, and/or other publishing/editing software, etc.
• Previous experience living abroad
• Previous experience coordinating projects in an interdisciplinary team
Assist international team with activities including but not limited to:
• Processing student applications, preparing mailings to program participants, handling office tasks, answering office phone line, checking and distributing faxes, ordering office supplies, data entry…
• Organizing and maintaining team calendar, document team meetings
• Communicating with coordinators, students, families, schools, and partners in the U.S., and abroad
• Working closely with Marketing Manager on special events, projects, and outreach
• Assisting with event planning, including annual conferences, orientations, student activities, and intra-office events
• Assisting in Outbound Program development and presentations at high schools
Preference is given to applicants who reside in the Seattle area and are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. Applicants who reside in other areas and/or have permission for optional practical training on the F-1 visa may be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application!
NorthWest Student Exchange is a non-profit international student exchange organization designated by the U.S. Department of State and listed with the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). For more information, please visit our website at www.nwse.com.
How To Apply
To apply for the International Program Intern position:
1. E-mail your cover letter and resume with the subject line “International Program Intern” to email@example.com.
2. Please do not call about this position. NWSE will contact selected applicants to arrange for interviews.