Hours per week
The term of this position is from 3 to 12 months, with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule. This is an unpaid position.
Krong Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province
Globalteer is a UK registered Charity working internationally with communities in developing countries in the areas of child care, education, sports and social services and with conservation and animal rescue projects.
The Teaching Development Volunteer will be responsible for designing new curriculum and bringing new ideas to the English school in Siem Reap, which operates to serve over 300 students.
The successful candidate will be based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The term of this position is from 3 to 12 months, with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule. This is an unpaid position.
Key role responsibilities
• Designing English curriculum for young non-English speakers
• Assisting and covering for other teachers when needed
• Working with and assisting volunteers
• Additional duties as required
Person Specification – Essential
• Fluent spoken and written English
• TEFL or equivalent certification
• Teaching experience
• Ability to work using own initiative
• Motivated with a positive work ethic
• Desire and motivation to develop ESL teaching skills
• Experience of or interest in living abroad
• Knowledge of MS Word and e-mail
• Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
• An understanding of volunteering and voluntourism
• Strong belief in the value of volunteering in international development
• A commitment to Globalteer's Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
• Available to travel to Cambodia for 3-12 months, self-paid
• Eligible for a tourist visa in Cambodia
• Travel insurance for the duration of your time in Cambodia
Ability to intern with a UK Registered Charity abroad in Cambodia with Angkor Wat and other amazing sites close by!
How To Apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer 2 weeks after applying have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.
Globalteer is a registered Charity in England and Wales number 1119706. Website: www.globalteer.org