4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
About Girl Scouts
This is an unpaid internship. Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
The Development Intern is responsible for organizing and delivering key components of select projects, events, and donation solicitations for The Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital. The incumbent will assist with items related to department efforts, including but not limited to: development department special events, the annual giving campaign (SHARE), grant funder research, and other various tasks. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of department special events
- Organize, recruit volunteers, and lead phone thank-a-thons to our members and donors
- Manage aspects of donor acknowledgement
- Assist PR Department with marketing and social media plans for various fundraising campaigns
- Conduct research related to Foundation and Corporate donors
- Maintain regular contact with Development Team regarding project updates and potential challenges
- Update donor profiles in DonorPerfect
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED, College student preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be creative and flexible in your work
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with adults and volunteers
- This position requires occasional evening hours
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect or other fundraising software a plus
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.