Hours per week
30 hours per week, minimum of 2 months
Tel Aviv District
Established in 1991, Windows has extensive experience in developing and implementing independent education projects based on an equal partnership between Palestinians from the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), Palestinian citizens of Israel and Israeli Jews: long-term programs that address the imbalance of power between the sides and the real needs of the participants. Therefore, our programs enable youth to critically engage with the challenges of the situation in a safe atmosphere that facilitates a change of feelings and perceptions. This change, in turn, leads to new attitudes and behaviors that are needed in order to create conditions for a future that is based on human rights for all. Our goal is to empower youth to take the responsibility to know more and take action towards this future.
Please note that there is no direct participation of the interns in the youth programs, but the interns are working behind the scenes in order to make them possible. All internships are unpaid but offer valuable experience in a friendly atmosphere. Windows' interns are considered an essential part of Windows team and are treated as such. Interns have the opportunity to coordinate projects and gain direct exposure to the workings of a non-profit organization. In addition, students are often able to arrange academic credits with their universities. Internships are a minimum of 2 months (preferably a 3-months or more).
- Write and edit content for Windows' social media accounts, blog (Wordpress) and newsletter
- Promote Windows events such as tours, workshops and fundraising events
- Documents events and activities taking pictures and developing reports
- Must be able to commit at least 25 hours a week for a minimum of 2 months (preferably a 3-months or more), starting from December 2018 / January 2019
- Working proficiency in English
- Experience with social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Basic graphic design knowledge (Canva)
- Experience with marketing is a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Please note this is an unpaid internship
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your motivation, expectations, and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are taken on a rolling basis.
Secondly, please fill out our internship questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHd5f0XXD4D1CkFkZ8rv5MsqgOYT7HmeijWhPvKzg5LDkvzA/viewform