Hours per week
40 hours per week
101 Huntington Ave Suite 2205
THE WORLD NEEDS LEADERSHIP, GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP, AND COLLABORATION. OUR GENERATION ANSWERS THIS CALL.
The Millennium Campus Network is transforming the future of global development practice by identifying and supporting key student leaders to:
1) re-think the paradigms that perpetuate inequality, including connecting how our social identities affect our work and including challenging all sectors in their effect on poverty
2) promote a human-centric and collaborative approach to global development based on authentic and community-led partnerships
3) transform dialogue into action by presenting opportunities to act, challenging youth towards advocacy, and celebrating concrete action.
This year, for the first time, MCN is partnering with United Nations Academic Impact to launch the Millennium Fellowship to students across the globe.
MCN Advisors include Dr. Paul Farmer, Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, and John Legend. Our many committed sponsors and partners include: The Jenzabar Foundation, Hewlett-Packard, The UN Foundation, Better World Campaign, The Boston Globe, and Glamour.
Interns will work out of the MCN's national headquarters in Boston's Prudential Center in Boston, MA starting as soon as possible and throughout the summer, until the Fellowship launch in August.
Role Description: Director of Outreach Intern
What you believe: That mobilizing hundreds towards a social cause is all about energy, persistence, and human connection.
What you’ll do: Be an unstoppable force promoting how students can get involved in this global movement on their campus, sharing the MCN story through social media and recruiting students to apply from around the world.
Your Ultimate Goal: To mobilize thousands of students on campuses around the globe, who will create the world we all want.
Question to answer in your cover letter: Based on your previous experience, describe your process for 1) mobilizing university students to apply for and participate in events, 2) managing social media accounts, and 3) using creative approaches to generate concrete results.
- Satisfactory academic standing and enrollment in a certified undergraduate college degree program.
- A keen interest in global poverty, the SGDs, and a passion for working to improve the lives of the world's billion poorest people is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Social media and marketing skills, including strategy
- Skills in graphic design, video editing a plus
- A good understanding of what the MCN is and does (be sure to check out our web site and the Fellowship website at www.millenniumfellows.org.
- An outstanding work ethic, self-direction, initiative, and a positive, results-driven attitude.
- Prior experience in program outreach, student organizing, experience as a student activist or student leader a plus.
- Must be available to work full time in person in Boston, MA throughout the Summer 2018.
- The opportunity to take leadership in launching a first-of-its-kind partnership between MCN and United Nations Academic Impact.
- On-the-job training in program planning, communication, student organizing, and non-profit management.
- Working directly with MCN's Executive Director, Sam Vaghar
- A deeper understanding of the inner workings of a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- The chance to connect with social impact leaders from our Board of Advisors, Board of Directors, or partner organizations (i.e. Jeffrey Sachs, Paul Farmer, Partners in Health, Engineers Without Borders, the ONE Campaign, Millennium Promise, the Earth Institute).
- Work in a youth-driven environment.
- Professional development and working in a learning-centered environment.
- Strong consideration for future internships and/or employment at the MCN.
If the intern is very successful, they will receive a letter of recommendation from the MCN's senior staff.
Interns must be willing to commit 40 hours per week, between work hours of 9:30am - 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, in Boston, MA. We aim for this intern to start as soon as possible, but are willing to negotiate dates for the right candidate.
This internship is unpaid.