Becky’s Fund is looking for an outgoing and passionate Intern who will assist in the delivery of education and awareness efforts for different audiences including students, male and female, and direct services for those affected by domestic/dating violence.
- Drafting and updating educational materials and assisting with original research.
- Responding to calls and emails from people seeking help, information, and referrals.
- Working on youth peer leadership initiatives such as our Becoming Your Own Hero workshops, Men of Code Program, and Domestic Violence College tour.
- Creating curricula and teaching the programs for the Youth initiatives
- Designing systems for data collection and measurement of impact and analyzing data
- Creating a listing of nation-wide referrals for those affected by domestic and dating violence.
- Assisting with outreach and other administrative support for educational and programmatic goals.
- Attending meetings with event partners.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A background in sociology, psychology, gender studies, and other relevant social sciences.
- Experience presenting and/or educating about intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, sexual harassment, or other social justice topics such as gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or intergroup dialogues.
- Experience locating and analyzing social science research online.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and work independently.
- Experience working with youth populations (preferred).
- Effective verbal, math, and written skills.
- Experience working with computerized databases and word processing.
- Strong attention to detail.
Timeline and Hours
- Interns are required to work at least 25 hours/week.
- Undergraduate, graduate and law students are welcome to apply.
- Hours can be used for School Credit.