Hours per week
12-15 hours per week
1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers and policy analysts, is currently seeking a part-time intern to provide support to the communications team on a variety of tasks related to raising the visibility of health services and policy research through editorial content and executive visibility strategies.
- Creating, managing and updating a content calendar on topics and audiences to guide content creation.
- Research into new audiences and media monitoring of priority topic areas to guide content creation.
- Opportunities for writing and editing content across a variety of channels including web, email, and social media, as well as audio and video content.
- Monitoring calls for abstracts and potential speaking opportunities of interest for AcademyHealth’s senior leadership and program staff.
- Monitoring and supporting AcadmeyHealth staff in external presentations and speaking opportunities.
- Identifying and researching the requirements of appropriate media outlets for editorial placements from AcademyHealth staff.
- Performing a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, notetaking and meeting summary development, media monitoring, and contact list creation and maintenance.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with demonstrated interest in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or other related field.
- Enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who is able to work independently and in a collaborative work environment.
- Interest in current events and, particularly health policy/public health issues a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks is required.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; experience with media monitoring software, such as Cision a plus.
Starting Date: Late-September Ending Date: Negotiable
Hours Per Week: 12-15 Pay Status: Unpaid
How To Apply
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sr. Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.