- Internship posted by Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
Hours per week
12-20 hours per week
9650 Rockville Pike
Assist the FASEB Office of Scientific Meetings and Conferences (OSMC) meetings staff with meeting(s) preparation and execution. Please find a general overview of possible tasks and responsibilities below. Actual assignments depend on the individual project cycle at the time of the internship.
General Tasks and Responsibilities
General Logistics Support
· Assist in the preparation of poster session logistics – numbers, pins, etc.
· Prepare pre-con staff packets.
· Produce/proof signage and/or sign inserts.
· Coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials.
· Work with Meetings Team to maintain staff housing list.
· Coordinate with Meetings Team to create VIP housing list.
· Test/ Update abstract submission site, instructions, and guidelines.
· Collect bios, abstracts, speaker materials.
· Maintain speakers and awardee spreadsheets and prepares letters and reimbursement forms/procedures.
· Assist in the development of meeting content, updates and posts information for website and mobile app.
· Prepare call for abstracts, save the date, promotional material, flyers, forms, and slides.
· Collect material for development of Program and Addendum.
· Prepare schedule, general information, and special functions section of program.
· Compile program/abstract book.
· Assist Registrar with all general registration processes as needed/assigned.
· Assist in assembling attendee materials, e.g. producing badges and any associated info cards and organizing registration materials for on-site distribution.
· Assist with preparing RFPs.
· Compile incoming proposals for review.
· Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, supplies).
Other Job Functions
· Perform various administrative duties including but not limited to: Preparation of, proofing and editing correspondence; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information.
· Special projects as assigned.
· May assist in on-site execution of local events.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· High degree of professionalism.
· Strong organizing skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
· Good research and writing skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
· In-office support at Bethesda location only.
· Flexible on days in office.
· Generally looking for 12-20 hours of support/week.
· Non-paid internship.
· Start date flexible.
· Assigned contact at organization for internship duration.
· Performance evaluation at end of internships available upon request.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or visit http://www.faseb.org/employment to fill out an application