PO BOX 3220
Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and intimate partner violence through community education, counseling, legal advocacy and youth leadership development. We use an empowerment model that invests young people in maintaining safe relationships for themselves and their peers.
Day One is seeking a high school student, or a community member, to participate in a part-time or full-time, unpaid Community Education Intern opportunity from November 2018 - June 2019. We are seeking someone passionate and excited about youth organizing, and building communities.
The intern's primary responsibilities are:
· Assist with co-facilitation of our Youth Education Curriculum.
· Research and assist with writing youth friendly activities for curriculum.
· Assist with preparing materials for workshops on healthy relationships and teen dating violence.
· Assist with development of internal and external marketing materials via Canva.
· Search for relevant articles about domestic violence, sexual assault, dating abuse and other issues facing young people.
· Assist with Department wide Data Entry.
· Research new statistics and studies and infographics related to dating violence
· Support other Community Education Department needs.
As part of the internship experience, interns will be able to attend workshops and community events.