Hours per week
40 hours per week
1401 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Our name, Issue One, speaks to our mission: We are focused on the core civic issue of our time — solving the root cause of the gridlock crippling Washington and degrading our democracy. Founded in 2013, we are a nonpartisan nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to political reform and government ethics in order to strengthen democracy and return government to the American people. We prioritize working across the aisle to find commonsense solutions that transcend the partisan divide.
Issue One is seeking a summer development intern interested in money-in-politics reform who can jump into our fast-paced and stimulating office culture to help us make our government one that is truly accountable to every American.
Our interns are integral members of the team. We are a small but growing office where you will gain hands-on experience in development, communications, event planning, and many other areas, depending on your interests. We also work closely with other reform organizations and will give you an expansive look at the important work being done nationwide to reduce money in politics.
As an Issue One intern, you will:
- Help recruit and maintain relationships with donors
- Assist with prospect research and outreach
- Contribute to the writing and distribution of communications efforts
- Monitor news and updates related to money in politics
- Conduct money-in-politics research
- Help with other tasks as required
- Current undergraduate or graduate student, or a recent graduate
- Demonstrated interest in campaign finance reform
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and PC, MS Office)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, internship which takes place during standard office hours (M-F, 9am-5pm). To apply, please send a cover letter and resume as a single document to email@example.com with “Development internship” in the subject line. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Stipend provided for each day worked