Hours per week
15-20 hours per week
1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers, policy analysts and practitioners, is currently seeking two part-time interns to provide support on a collaborative initiative led by AcademyHealth’s Senior Scholar in Residence, Dr. Denise Dougherty, PhD and Richard Wittenburg, President & CEO of Adolescents and Children Together for Health (ACT for Health). The initiative is designed to enhance adolescent well-being by promoting the use of evidence to inform policy and practice. Incumbents will have an opportunity to support senior researchers with experience in taking evidence to action in a range of health and related environments, in a highly collegial environment.
- Participate in reviews of published health services and health policy literature to identify strategies that have enhanced access and quality of services to prevent and manage teen mental health crises.
- Participate in reviews of the published implementation science and related literature (health policy, public policy, political science) to identify the most effective approaches for moving evidence to action at the community and policy levels (not specific to adolescents).
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of academic experts, community changemakers and policy officials at the national and state levels who would be most likely to engage in moving evidence to action.
- Providing administrative support for meetings, workshops, and webinars including, scheduling, preparing materials, taking notes, and development of meeting summaries.
- Additional research and support tasks, as appropriate to the interests and skills of candidates.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Interest in, and some knowledge of, adolescent mental health health and well-being and related public policies for access and quality.
- Familiarity with conducting online searches of the scientific literature.
- Enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who is able to work independently and in a fast-paced, academic, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to engage professionally with senior research and policy experts and leaders.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks is required.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; prior experience working with websites a plus.
Start Date: Mid-Oct 2018 End Date: Preferably thru June 2019
Hours per Week: 15-20 Pay Status: Unpaid*
*AcademyHealth can certify for academic credit depending on the student’s home institution.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Dr. Denise Dougherty, AcademyHealth 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Email: email@example.com.