Spring 2019 EarthKeepers Network Internship
- Internship posted by General Board of Global Ministries the United Methodist Church
$15 per hour
Hours per week
20 -37.5 hours per week
Strengthen the Global Ministries EarthKeepers Network
Global Ministries EarthKeepers is a training program for United Methodists to develop Creation Care projects in their communities. There are currently 87 EarthKeepers in the network, with 50-75 being added each year. As the network grows, we need a strong system for connecting EarthKeepers through regional cohorts and affinity groups, tracking news of their accomplishments, and enhancing communication between EarthKeepers.
This intern will:
- assess the current tools being used to connect EarthKeepers;
- develop a plan for connecting EarthKeepers via affinity groups;
- develop a system for encouraging and tracking regional cohort and affinity group meetings;
- develop a system for requesting, receiving and organizing success stories;
- develop a system for onboarding new EarthKeepers into cohort and affinity groups;
- develop a system for sharing news among EarthKeepers that is accessible to those who do not wish to use mainstream social media channels.
- Three months to 1 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Some understanding of the non-profit work environment and the concepts of Creation Care.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- An affinity to work in a diverse environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization
- Must be authorized to work in the US for the duration of the internship period.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to GMInternship@umcmission.org by November 4th, 2018.