Hours per week
15 office hours spread across at least 3 days per week
500 Aurora Ave N #305
Rebuilding Together Seattle is the leading community revitalization partner focused on addressing substandard, unsafe, and unhealthy housing conditions. As part of the national Rebuilding Together network, our 145 affiliates repair 10,000 homes annually with the help of nearly 100,000 volunteers. We leverage resources and partnerships to offer home repair and modification services to low-income homeowners and nonprofit facilities at entirely no cost to them. Our coordinated approach between residents, volunteers, municipalities, nonprofits, businesses, foundations, and other partner organizations builds and sustains safe, healthy, and thriving communities. More than housing repair, we improve health outcomes, stabilize housing and homeownership, and reduce the need for new affordable housing. Our work preserves treasured memories and restores social networks, while celebrating community through the strengthening of our neighborhoods. Together we rebuild homes and transform lives.
Program and Development Internship
Rebuilding Together Seattle offers an ongoing, unpaid internship program geared toward current college students and recent graduates looking to acquire valuable hands-on experience in the nonprofit industry. Interns will collaborate closely with the RTS staff, and work on many key projects relating to programs, fundraising, marketing, and outreach. We are looking for a hardworking, detail-oriented, and highly motivated person to add value to our organization with a good sense of humor and a fun-loving spirit!
- Facilitate the client application process and act as a main point of contact with homeowners
- Help execute rebuilding day logistics, including project materials organization and warehouse management
- Administer client interviews and post-project surveys
- Assist with fundraising event preparation and logistics, marketing, and social media
- Solicit in-kind donations for program and fundraising events
- Data organization and research for outreach, sponsors, and community grants
- Other administrative tasks such as answering the main phone line, filing, mailing projects, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and great organizational skills; always strives for quality work
- Strong aptitude for written and verbal communication, including frequent phone calls
- Responsible, reliable, and a team player for our small office
- Patient and comfortable working with a diverse population
- Responds well to delegation and takes initiative with projects
Intern Schedule and Commitment
- We ask that interns commit 15 office hours spread across at least 3 days per week. Normal office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- The RTS Internship Program requires a minimum 3-month commitment, with the option to discuss an extension at the end of the term. Interested applicants should indicate schedule options and preferences when submitting their cover letter and resume.
RTS believes in the intentional development of our shared office culture and support team building, continuing education, career advancement, a work-life balance, and other growth-mindset opportunities. Small, but mighty, you'll love our team, our larger network of volunteers and supporters, and enjoy the challenges and chances to affect change in your local community.
How To Apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, and experience to Director of Programs, Mike Lahoda, at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Qualified applicants from all cultures, communities, and identities are encouraged to apply.