Development & Operations Intern
- Internship posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson & Union Counties (New Jersey)
Hours per week
10-30 hr per week
500 Broad Street
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Director of Development with administrative tasks, CRM data management and achieving fund development goals for the Agency.
Reports To: Director of Development and SVP of External Relations
Specific Responsibilities include:
- To provide support to the SVP of External Relations & Director of Development
- Participate in activities supporting the funder/donor solicitation processes.
- Conduct prospect research on foundations/organizations for potential funding
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Maintain comprehensive grants calendar for the site
- Manage web site maintenance and updates in coordination with BBBSEHU and Bloomerang
- Continually update and correct database records.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree
- An articulated belief in the mission of BBBS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Database management experience –Bloomerang preferred.
- Grant research and writing skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to create, prepare, organize and manage large multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications skills emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others;
- A sense of humor
You will be exposed to various areas of our development department. This is a great internship for someone who wants to learn more about the business / operations side of a non-profit.
How To Apply
Please contact our Director of Development at: Stephanie.Yosoc@bigsandkids.org