Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of Africa. Our programs ensures that program participants add value and contribute towards the well being of under privileged Ugandans through support in education and health projects, culture exchange, business development and community service-learning. Our programs are designed with a community driven approach to promote sustainability and continuity long after the volunteers are gone.
In Uganda, organized sports are not very popular among primary children and adults. Today quite a number of children engage in sports and in most cases it is boys playing outdoor soccer. There is a clear gender imbalance when it comes to sports participation in Uganda and there are many reasons why Ugandans shy away from sports, especially the female gender. In many cases, the benefits of playing sports and its externalities are either misinterpreted, unknown or under estimated, most noticeably in the impoverished parts of Uganda. For the players, they often lack the right playing gear and equipment and a lot of times lack organized competition, fitness and coaching. Other challenges such as poor diet and health, inconsistent participation and poor playing facilities discourages many youth.
This is why we created this program – to address the knowledge gap and expertise needed in community sports to reach its full potential within the available limited resources. The use of a volunteer that is enthusiastic about sports and physical education can go a long way in inspiring others into action and promoting healthy lifestyles among all ages. Sport promotes social integration and reconciliation and has an almost unparalleled reach into all spheres of society. Sport facilitates participation and creates a sense of belonging across ethnic and social divides. As a leader in this program, you will use sports to reinforce gender equality, improve individual self-confidence and promote healthy competition in the community. Physical education brings many health benefits and is a great asset used in community development.
Your main activities may include a combination of the following activities
· Teach lessons on physical education and general life skills at schools and within community groups focusing on issues like hygiene, nutrition, communication and teamwork
· Provide essential coaching skills to local coaches to promote sports participation
· Show the benefits of sporting to the community and demonstrate avenues of income through sports
· Recruit members from society who are most likely to influence and inspire others during and after the program
· Organize competitions in order to mentor local coaches on a real-life sports management and administration project
· Support national league clubs prepare for tournaments, competitions, general team-building and physical training
· Improving the standard of sports in communities and to increase both player and spectator enjoyment
· Create and manage collaborative partnerships between Ugandan sports teams and like-minded organizations in your home country
· Carry out essential research geared toward community sports development
Why Choose This Program
· Choose this program to change lifestyles, teach life skills and promote good personal habits
· Choose this program to stay in great shape during your stay in Uganda and to boost your coaching skills
· Choose this program to hone your mobilization, organizational and planning skills
· Choose this program to gain experience working in less than ideal conditions - find new solutions using limited resources
· Choose this program to create long-term partnerships with local communities and teams
· Become a positive role model to children
· Fight depression through sports
· Stand a chance to inspire future professional athletes
· Choose this program to realize change and sustainable development at both individual and societal level in a fun and interactive manner
Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of…
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies, realize personal satisfaction in helping others, create new bonds, boost their resumes and gain a new world view. In most cases, our program participants experience deep personal reflection that results into greater self-discovery! Often times, people say they learned more about themselves in these moments than any other time in their lives.
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies…
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some flexibility around the program dates and schedule. Program fees include secure accommodation, meals and in-country transport but does not include flights (contact us for details).
Through our curated internships, individuals are able to gain a competitive advantage upon their return, enhance their resumes, acquire global competencies and take on a new identity that employers will find impressive and bold.
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some…