Hours per week
8 weeks, 40 hours per week
1696 Avenida América Norte
We are currently looking for a fundraising intern, someone with a background in fundraising or event management who would like to gain experience working for an NGO, or perhaps has studied a relevant course at university and is looking to work in this sector.
Under supervision of the SKIP Director the volunteer will work closely with the Development Coordinator to create and hone a fundraising plan for the year, plan fundraising events and work on a strategy to promote fundraising abroad. The Fundraising intern will also aid the Development Coordinator in seeking potential partners and grants and writing proposals as well as liaising with the Communications officer.
The fundraising intern placement will take place both remotely and in-country. In both instances the intern will work closely with the Development coordinator. The remote section of the placement occurs before and after the in-country placement with a focus on organising fundraising events marketed to the international audience, creating a communication strategy with past volunteers and relationship building. The in-country part of the placement (which ideally would last 8 weeks or longer, however there is potential for it to be 4 weeks) will involve learning about SKIP and the context in which it works, working approximately two shifts in the SKIP education program to get to know the SKIP community including service users, volunteers and staff, and to focus on in-country fundraising events and campaigns.
This is an exciting and dynamic role in which the intern will have a lot of freedom in creating and developing fundraising opportunities. We are always open to new ideas and suggestions, so there is room for you to use your own creativity in this position!.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet fundraising targets
- Interest in our work at SKIP, and our mission
- Highly motivated, self-directed and results-driven
- Excellent organisational skills and problem-solving skills
- Eight weeks (optimum to receive the best experience, four weeks is available)
- Fluency or intermediate skills in Spanish
- Experience in a fundraising role
- Experience of hosting events
- An understanding of social media and marketing
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- free accommodation throughout the internship
- a thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- structured and relevant training from qualified and experienced staff members
- mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- the chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- a letter of confirmation of volunteer service