2200 6th Avenue
OneWorld Now! is an after-school language and global leadership program for underserved youth in the Seattle area. We seek an energetic, organized, and dedicated individual to join our Program Staff as the Lead Administrative Intern for our summer camp. Our Lead Administrative Intern will be a main point of contact for the students in our camp, as well as carry out office tasks and various program-related projects.
The Administrative Intern Main Duties:
- Food planning: budgeting and ordering food, setup and clean up lunch
- Logistics: budgeting and ordering supplies, maintain records and receipts, confirm activities
- Attendance: record student attendance, follow-up with tardy and/or absent students and their parents
- Coordinate and delegate tasks to other supporting interns
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Adaptability, flexibility, and openness to feedback, learning, and growth
- Sensitivity to and respect for diverse cultures and different communication styles
- Passionate commitment to social and economic justice and OWN’s mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work legally in the United States without organizational sponsorship
- Flexible and supportive in whatever capacity required, as daily assignments may change on short notice due to duty coverage needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized and comfortable coordinating logistics
- Experience working with communities of color
- Food handler’s permit or ability to obtain by July 1st
Commitment: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday, July 9-July 27, plus pre-camp meetings TBD (20 hours).
Pay: $1200 stipend. Lunch included daily during camp. Must be authorized to work in the United States; OneWorld Now! does not sponsor visa applications or petitions. July bus pass provided.
OneWorld Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, multilingual and multicultural individuals, and LGBTQ individuals.
How To Apply
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jayanika Lawrence, Student Outreach and Global Leadership Program Manager, at Jayanika@oneworldnow.org, with “Lead Administrative Intern” in the subject line.